Friday, May 10, 2013

Things I miss

After living in the USA for 7 years I have gotten cultured into the American lifestyle and to be honest with you guys... I love it. I mean, I am not like the typical American girl is with all the "OH EM GEEE's" but I love the way people live here and I love all the opportunities.

BUT there are obviously a lot of things that I miss about Sweden.. For example:

  • The Candy.... Obviously this was the first thing that came to my mind because I am totally completely obsessed with candy and no matter how healthy I ever decide to be I will never give up on the amazing Swedish candy. If you ever go to Sweden, go into the grocerystore and get a bag and pick some "djungelvrål", "kryptoniter" & buy some marabou orange!
  • Semlor. Need I say more?! A delicious bun with whipped cream in it. 
  • Macaroni & Meatballs. The perfect meal for me.. typical Swedish :)
  • Okey I noticed I have only mentioned food... Couldn't help it. The Subway! I honestly hate being on the subway in Stockholm because it makes me want to puke, but it is soooo convenient.  It takes you anywhere in the shortest time ever. Maybe I miss it because in Miami the transportation completely sucks! It takes me an hour to get somewhere that it takes 10 minutes with the car.
  • Fika. I mean sure you can go grab a coffe and some pastry here in the USA but it is just not the same feel. In Sweden everyone goes for a fika all the time just to sit and talk. 
  • I guess that leads to relaxation. People here don't seem to ever take a break. People are always on the go and never take a break just to observe and be... Only the tourists.
  • Is it bad that I still can only think about food items?? 
Lösgodis (Loose Candy lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment