Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Unnecessary Knowledge

Starting College four years ago was a new type of experience for me..as for everyone I guess, but for me because I didn't know much about American college since I'm not from here, except from what I have seen on movies. I guess I never was that type of College girl who joined sororities and went to all these college-parties, because I had already done all that in Highschool. I was over that phase of my life and already on my "grown-girl" mode. I wanted to feel older and more mature and go to clubs although I was too young to get in. But with the right contacts and the tight dresses I managed to get in to the hottest clubs in my new hometown of Miami. I loved the clubbing nightlife. My friends would invite me to go to the dorm-parties but I rejected them every time.

LIV Nightclub Miami

School was whatever.. My major was Pre-Law, but my classes included Psychology, Biology and Sociology. Whats up with all these "ology"-classes that have absolutely nothing to do with my major? I didn't get it, and it made me feel like I didn't need to study because I didn't need to know about these subjects anyways. When would I ever use the knowledge of how they treated schizophrenia in the 60's? My phone became my best friend during classes and it was my savior from a lot of hours of a lot of boringness! As soon as class was over I hurried back to my dorm, dreaming about a big nice apartment and a car, got dressed and got out of the University. I couldn't stand staying inside of these fences any longer than I needed to, to get the attendance I needed to pass my classes.


Barry University
The classes that had nothing to do with what I wanted to do once I graduated from College, made me want to get out of there even worse. It felt like a waste of money, time, and brain-activity. How can I bring myself to wake up at 8 am for a class that I had no interest in nor needed that knowledge to be a successful lawyer.

Now that it is my last year of College... I am both happy and annoyed by the unnecessary classes that I took. Some of them weren't really that needless. My mind has traveled a long road through thoughts of what I want to do after graduation. I should be going to law-school, but my brain is such a creative place and I get new ideas every day! My mind is for sure the entrepreneur type of mind, and I have business ideas that I want to fulfill and develop really bad. I guess all the classes, but even more, the life experiences I got during my collegetime, made me realize that I could never settle for a job where all I do it mostly paperwork in an office. I need to get out, do things, stay active and see the world..

Thank You to all the unnecessary classes! 








No comments:

Post a Comment